The Second Date
I often write about what to do, what to say and how to act on a first date.
But what happens after that?
In this blog I shall be writing about the very special second date.
OK, so everything went well for your first meeting. You made a great connection and have already both decided you want to see more of each other. You clearly both worked hard to create a good first impression so don’t blow it now!
You won’t be as nervous this time, but you will still be keen to see if the spark is still there. Most people don’t show the real “them” until the second or third date so you might still be in s for a few surprises.
Here are some quick tips to make sure you meet up again:
1) Location, Location, Location. If you met for a coffee or a few drinks before, then this is a great time to go for a meal together. Stay clear of theatre and movies for this one as you’ll want to keep up the conversation. Use the opportunity to find out more about each other.
2) Relax. Let your guard down a little, smile often and don’t worry aboout things too much. Don’t feel you have to rush into things too quickly.
3) Make the effort. Try and go the extra mile and look even better than you did the first time you met. They will probably have a strong memory of you the first time and their imagination can build you up even further. So dress as well as you can, brush your hair and be even more flirtatious.
4) Plan the next date. Do this gently and try not to scare them off by being too keen. You DO need to make your intentions clear if you want to meet again as the third date can often be the “decider” date. This is when you both decide you want to take things more seriously and perhaps exclusively. Therefore try and talk about activities you can do together or places you can go – setting a time in your diaries there and then.
5) Go in for a kiss. It’s make or break time – if you like them then you need to go for it. If you don’t then they’ll assume you aren’t interested and only ever be friends. If you try and fail, you’ve not lost anything anyway!
James Preece – The Dating Guru